Ah, Vodka,.. so many memories I have with this marvelous substance. Ok, so I know what your thinking. Either this is going to be really good, or this conversation is about to head South really quick! But aside from drinking it, vodka actually has many other uses and it is a surprisingly simple substance. Made from a primary ngredient of either grain, rye, wheat, potatoes, or sugar beet and combined with yeast to generate alcohol. After distillation, Vodka is almost pure ethyl alcohol, watered down before bottling for easy consumption. Yummmm!
Each one of us leads a hectic life. As I read your comments about making life easier I realized how all of us could use more simplicity in our lives. So what is the solution? It’s called Vodka. And I am not saying that drinking yourself silly is the answer, although if you feel that today of all days a quick slurp, or a large gulp of the good stuff will calm your nerves, by all means I won’t step in your way.
You all know that vodka is my drink of choice. A good dirty martini, with blue cheese olives just sings in my ears after a long day at work. But did you know that this magic juice is also quite nifty as a multi-tasker around the house? Now my hardest decision is whether to drink it, or put it hard to work! Or maybe I just do both!
1) Freshen Laundry- Don’t have time to wash your favorite shirt before you head out of the house? Put some vodka in a spritz bottle and lightly spray down your garment. (do a spot test first before you go wild) Vodka kills odor-causing bacteria, but dries without any scent of alcohol.
2) Shine up your bling-Tired of looking at your dull chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bath? Put a generous amount of the spirit onto a rag, mix with a little elbow grease and voila! Bright shiny fixtures!
3) General cleaning agent- Green house cleaning has never been so fun! Slurp…Using harsh chemicals around the house is not only dangerous to kids and pets, but harmful to our environment. As we wash those chemicals down the drain they get into our water systems, and effect our ecosystem. Replace them with an inexpensive Vodka from the liqueur store. Vodka is the most versatile cleaner you can have around the house. It disinfects, cleans, deodorizes and shines up glass, porcelain, and chrome beautifully.
4) Freshen flowers- To increase the life of your floral arrangement add a few drops of Vodka to the water with a few teaspoons of sugar.
5) Remove ink and paint-use an undiluted solution of pure unflavored vodka to remove ink and paint from clothing. After spritzing the solution onto the garment let sit for a minute and simply dab and blot the stain out.
6) Pet odors-Nike had a bit of an issue relieving himself on the carpet whenever he wanted me to know he was mad for what I had done…which was??? Anyways, he was mad at me and I had to clean the madness out of the carpet so he wouldn’t be tempted to do it again.I would always clean the carpet and spray Vodka on the stain to remove the odors.
“I don’t have any idea what your talking about
7) Kills mold-Have mold in your shower, and in your grout? Use straight vodka as a tile grout cleaner to kill mold and mildew. Spray onto the affected areas and let sit for 10 minutes, and then wipe off.Hope all of you have a blissful day! Find one thing today that you are grateful for and be thankful for your blessings. And if all else fails get out the Vodka and….clean!
Hope all of you have a blissful day! Find one thing today that you are grateful for and be thankful for your blessings. And if all else fails get out the Vodka and….clean!
First image Source